Sunday, October 21, 2012

Fall Soccer 2012

It all started one day at Rathdrum City Park when the two kids and I were playing waiting for Daniel to get home from work when we saw a little soccer team show up with pizza, cupcakes, and trophies for each player. The kids were about Natalie and Corbin's age. When I told Natalie it was for a soccer team and she wasn't in soccer I was in so much trouble. Let me invert something her though. The whole reason we went to the park a lot of the times was because the kids had not had naps and I had to find a way to keep them awake until Daniel got home and this was the only thing that worked. Anyway, she was not very happy and wanted to know why I hadn't signed her up for soccer. I tried to explain that I didn't know about it until it was too late and I had also signed her up for a dance class. So here we were in Fall 2012 and we signed up the kids for soccer. They had a lot of fun. If they scored a goal they got their name in the paper (not sure which paper as our local one went out of business) but each one of them scored at least one goal (it counted even if it was in the other players goal). We were blessed to have great weather for practice and games up until the end of the season. By the end of the season Natalie was done playing and Corbin was ok with being done. They had each team play 2 games and our little team had players that had never played before except for one little player so some of them were there but didn't want to go out on the field. They let the parents go out if needs be but because Natalie and Corbin, among a few others, were sometimes the only ones who wanted to play they got tired really fast especially where each game was 30 minutes long.


 

No comments: